Friday, September 30, 2011

September 29, 2011

Practice was good.  We did two drills.  One was a frozen opening defense drill and one was an endurance drill. 

I believe fighting endurance is important, I sadly don't think this is going to help most people, simple because we might only do it once, or maybe once a month, certainly not enough to promote a beneficial energy system adaption.

I continue to work on my opening A-frame stance.  Still have an opening down the slot.  Susceptible to a deep slot and a thrust.  Much less if I am paying attention instead of looking for openings.

Much more success when I am patient.  I said there is a line between being aggressive enough that your opponent is flustered and being aggressive in a stupid manner.

Spent a little time fighting the man at arms.  He has come a fair ways, although I would like to see him generate more power in some of his shots.  I need to see what he is throwing on camera or through someone elses eyes, as I think it may be a mechanically unsound shot.  It lands and can at times hit me clean, but it has almost no force on it.

Also I have sort of half picked up a pseduo squire, the man at arms has been exceptional towards her, offering her the use of his old armor so she can try if she wants to.  She has A&S goals more than fighting goals though, so he may need to be less exuberent about getting her out there.  Still it is good to see him willing to lend a hand and help someone out.  I have witnessed this on numerous occasions with new fighters as well who are not someone with a bond to the family.

Forgot the video camera at home.  Hope to get a new sword made this week as well as copious amounts of armor repair done on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment