Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Avacal June Coronet 2011

Coronet was a decent event.  I made the comment that I actually like important events hosted by more isolated groups.  Only the people who really care show up.  Not to say everyone who dosen't come dosen't care, lots of people wouldn't have made this event even if it was close.

Hosted by Cold Keep I heard we had about 65 adults on site and the heavy list was aprox 17.  There was a fair number of exprienced, a fair number of mid level guys and a healthy dose of new people.

The really sad part was only one knight showed up that could compete.  The Prince was there, so we had 2 knights on site, but only Toryn in the lists.

Once the procession was complete the chivalry side was evened up with the challenge side and challenges were issued.

My tournament went something like this:

Round 1: Karim- Win
Round 2: Kirk - Loss
Round 3: Leif - Win
Round 4: Markus - Win
Round 5: By
Round 6: Toryn (At this point there was 4 of us left, myself, Toryn, Kirk and Uriel) - Loss

After my fight with Kirk I managed to get dirt in my eye and didn't get it out till after the Coronet lists were concluded.  Sucked and had me a little worried, but I am not sure it really affected my fighting.

Other differences: Way lighter sword.  Fought with a Baldur basket hilt, not as cool looking in the photos, but hopefully easier on my arm.

The other fighting event of significance was the Squires tourney.  This was my last Squires tourney.  I wanted to show well.  When they announced the numbers in court, I was tied with Kirk for most wins, but I had more fights than him, so I was awarded the prize.

Other than that the event was a pretty good time.  Good friends, good drinks, pretty short court.

No comments:

Post a Comment