Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 15

Didn't fight at practice last night because of leaving a critical piece of equipment at home.  Practice was instead spent working on the pell pole as well as helping a new guy just starting.

Pell pole was largely working with my left hand.  Worked on a flat snap as well as the 1-6 drill.  Transition from one shot to another is definetely on the weak side with my left, but coming along.  I fell I can generate the power necessary.

I reviewed some videos by Lucan Dux yesterday before practice as well so I was messing around with some of the things he talks about.

  • Sword foot forward = coiled and ready to strike
  • firing through two zones
I did a little foot work stuff as well.  Also over the past couple of days, really on the weekend, I came up with an idea for a portable footwork guide.  More on that in coming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment