Monday, July 25, 2011

Baroness's Picnic

Once a year the local group gets together and has a little "event" at a local park.  The aim is to get the group out into people's vision and as well give everyone a nice low key afternoon.

This year we had a lovely day.  We did some heavy fighting, some rapier and some dance.

As the aim of this blog is about fighting, I guess I will talk about that.

In total we have seven fighters out including myself.  The majority of fighters often lay some stick on me so it could have been anyone's day.  In order to prolong the tourney we decided upon a round robin with each round being decided as best two out of three.

I was on fire, I was barely touched the whole day, most of what did had next to no force, was on my leg or resulted in a double kill.  I went through the tourney clean.  The last round happened to be against the other fighter who had gone through with only one loss, my opponent in the finals.

In the finals I won the first bout decisevly, lost the second one just as decisevly, but took the third in a mess of swords and and shots.

It was a good day.  The important thing was range, I pretty much didn't close unless I wanted to, and then it was for a definite plan, which resulted in me getting back out as quickly as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment